Ever wonder what that venue is now called?
Stadium naming rights…We know 'Etihad' in Melbourne, AAMI Park stadium is adjacent to Melbourne Park, there's also AAMI Stadium in Adelaide, Newcastle is EnergyAustralia, Allianz is what was the Sydney Football Ground, Sydney has AllPhones Arena at Sydney Olympic Park, Suncorp is the big one in Brisbane…
Well, here are few recent changes for you to memorise:
- ANZ has renewed its naming right for the Sydney (Olympic) stadium through to 2017.
- Suncorp's naming rights to the Milton Stadium in Brisbane were extended for a further two years.
- The Entertainment Centre in Sydney has become the Qantas Credit Union Arena, for at least 2 years.
- Virgin Australia announced it will end its two-year sponsorship deal with the MacKay Stadium.
- Sydney Showgrounds at Sydney Olympic Park (previously known as Skoda Stadium) is now the Spotless Stadium, the new home ground of the Greater Western Sydney GIANTS, for 5 years.
- Pirtek Stadium is the stadium at Parramatta, home of the Eels (Rugby League).
- And late last year the ACT government secured a seven-figure naming-rights deal for Canberra Stadium worth between $300,000 and $350,000 a year for at least four years – the venue has become GIO Stadium Canberra. GIO is owned by Suncorp.