This coverage of Allianz, global insurer, is one of a series by New Millennium Business, looking into the wide span of sponsorship of sports and sporting events by leading international companies.
Its consumer+business focus is cleverly brought together in this advert.
Allianz is focused on naming rights deals in Australia, France and the United Kingdom
20-year naming rights with Allianz Parque, Brazil
- a 43,000-seat mixed-use stadium under construction in São Paulo, Brazil
- fourth naming rights deal over the past two years
- (US$149 million) over a 20-year period; estimated cost of R$300 million
naming rights for Allianz Rivieria in Nice, France
- stadium name from Grand Stade to Allianz Riviera
- nine-year, €16.2 million (US$19.6 million) deal
Naming rights for Allianz Park in London
- signed a partnership agreement with Saracens Rugby Club including rights to name their entirely refurbished stadium in London "Allianz Park."
- six-year deal worth £8m defray part of the £20m cost of redeveloping the former Copthall Stadium
- major shirt sponsorship with English rugby club Saracens 2012/13 rugby season
Naming rights for Allianz Stadium in Sydney, Australia
- multi-year agreement with the SCG Trust
- A$10 million (US$9.5 million) over a five-year period
- 8.33% stake in Bayern Munich football club for 110 million euros (US$150.44 million) as part of a deal to help the club pay down debts on its stadium and to sponsor a youth academy – signed in 2014
- deal extends the naming rights for the club's Munich stadium, completed in 2005, until 2041
Allianz is a platinum partner of FC Bayern München.
Allianz's deal includes a sponsorship contract until 2023 and Bayern's stadium, the Allianz Arena, will keep it's name until at least 2031.
Allianz becomes first title sponsor of german Women’s Bundesliga
Multinational financial services company Allianz agreed, in April 2014, a five-year deal to become the first title sponsor of the German Women’s Bundesliga club football competition. The deal will run from 2014-15 to 2018-19. The competition will now be known as the Allianz Women’s Bundesliga in what is the first naming rights agreement for a German Football Association event.
Global sponsorship platforms
Title sponsor Allianz Championship PGA Tour stop, Boca Raton, Florida. In the US, the company sponsors golfers Tom Lehman of the PGA and Champions Tour and John Harris of the Champions Tour.
Allianz Golf Open Toulouse Metropole, Seilh, France; and official tournament sponsor for the Allianz Open Cotes d’Armour – Bretagne
The Allianz German Boys & Girls Open at Golf Club St. Leon-Rot, Heidelberg, Germany
Creator and organiser of the popular junior golfing initiative, Lucky 33
Global partnership with St. Andrews Links Trust – since 2009
Partnership with 2014 European Ryder Cup Captain, Paul McGinley – Allianz Ambassador. Allianz has sponsored McGinley for the past 24 years.
The Allianz Irish Independent Executive Golf Trophy – supporter since 2007; and The Allianz Irish Times Golf Masters competition
Allianz supports the Women’s British Open (2013), held at St Andrews Links, the Solheim Cup 2015, the most prestigious women’s golf event in the world, and the 2013 Solheim Cup winner, Beatriz Recari.
Sponsor of the Ladies Slovak Open.
Formula One – Allianz has had an association with F1 for many years, and has been an Official Global Partner of Formula One since 2007. Formula One sponsoring remains Allianz’s strongest platform for highlighting the importance of risk management and road safety. Focus of the partnership shifts further towards safety issues with the unprecedented branding of the Formula One Safety Car by Allianz.
Mercedes AMG Petronas – Allianz is associated with the Mercedes GP Petronas Formula OneTM team, which boasts seven-time World Champion Michael Schumacher and Nico Rosberg as its drivers. The Mercedes and Allianz brands are aligned on race tracks worldwide through the Allianz branding of the Official Formula One Safety Car and Medical Cars, provided by Mercedes-Benz.
- Allianz is the international partner of the International Paralympic Committee and Official Supporter of the Australian Paralympic Committee and Australia’s 2012 Paralympic Team, in a two year sponsorship deal
Colombian Football Federation
- Allianz will serve as the official insurer of Colombian soccer until 2014.
Sponsor of the FINA 2013 World Championships in Barcelona
Allianz is targeting €350 million (US$457.3 million) in South American policy sales for Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty by 2015, half of which would come from Brazil, where the company recently said it expects corporate and project underwriting to grow by 12 per cent this year.
Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty (AGCS) is the Allianz centre of expertise for large corporate and specialty insurance.